Sunday, February 26, 2017

Kuro Saku @ ELBIKON 2017


We attended our first Elbikon with our komiks tandem Kuro Saku last February 18 2017.
And we had a blast going on an adventure to UP Los Banos. ^_^


It was a a student organized event that was made in Baker Memorial Hall.


Here's our booth before the exhibit doors opened. :D 


I was able to re-release one of my oldest  comic series entitled Samurai Takeover! 
From before I've only managed to self publish its first version which was done in all pencil but now I was able to release the fully inked version.


Samurai Takeover's story revolves around a katana where if you touch it, it will possess you and you will kill people. There's more to it than just that, it's also about two friends who try to clean up a murder scene after the spirit in the katana left its host. It's quite a fun ride for me creating and writing this. After all it's been brewing in my mind for the past 14 years and now it has finally been released! 

This is basically what's happening with our life now, drawing comics and painting artworks everyday :)

Here's our booth! We've got a lot of titles I know, most of them are dark.. some of them are darker!


My lovely wife Guadix staying up late with me stapling and cutting our independent comic books...


 But it's all worth it!
Once you see how many we were able to produce when convention day comes! :)


I took a little stroll outside when I bought some lunch for us. I never knew there was this little Japanese themed place inside UP LB. It really made my day since the book I released at this comic convention was about the ghost of a Samurai. :)


Also this place, I don't know what it is but its beautiful to look at...


And so is this place. 


Here are more of our titles, Satanhigh, Clowder, Da-ib, E & D, Delivery Boys and Yakuza Boy 




Guadix' Da-ib #1 and her one shot story E & D are just two of our best books! :D

And here's my Yakuza Boy only 2 copies left and Clowder #6 only 6 copies left! :3
That white and bright entrance is the afternoon and the heavy rain pouring down at UP LB, it was madness outside I could only imagine but also on the inside there are a lot of people enjoying comics too.

Here are some photos of our buyers, we forgot to take pictures from the start hence we could only take pictures of three of them before the event ended :D


We also met Jim who is creating a comic too! We can't wait for read your work Jim!


 After the event, we still didn't know how to get home coming out of LB so we took more pictures outside Baker Hall :D



There was also a school fair at UP LB! I think it was because it's February,
it was fun seeing some rides just right outside of the event. :)


After a few hours in the bus sleeping, a well deserved one I might say after not sleeping the day before, when we woke up, it was already night time. And we enjoyed the ride going to Makati by taking more photos along the way. 

I was able to take this snapshot! I really loved how this turned out and posting it here even though it has nothing to do with comics! hahahahah :D

And that's it! That was our Elbikon 2017 experience! We look forward to going again next year, hopefully with more sleep and more new titles to offer the students of UP LB! 

Thank you to everyone who supported and bought our comics and manga! Our stories come from the heart and we greatly appreciate it when you guys read our works! We will continue doing so to bring you guys more awesome stories!



Thank you as well to ELBIKON! Thank you to everyone who made this event possible especially the hardworking and ever energetic students who assisted and believe in independent comic book artists like us. We wish you guys keep this up so that more and more people will be able to read books and comic books that aren't readily available in book stores that are so deserving to be there! :D 

-Marius Black
Manila
2/27/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment